Spring Thunder Baseball League Scholarships-
Thunder Baseball League offers full and partial scholarships to players and families that are going through a difficult time OR have several financial commitments due to multiple children playing competitive sports.
We ask that families use this process only when needed so we are able to help as many families as possible.
Scholarship applications are reviewed at TBL Board of Directors meetings. Once reviewed, families are notified of the board decision.
THUNDER BASEBALL LEAGUE SPORTS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Thunder Baseball League (TBL) may grant registration fee scholarships to children who without this financial assistance would not be able to participate in our program. Thunder Baseball League scholarship program focuses on providing opportunities for area youth to participate because of the physical, mental, and character-training benefits this program can provide. Scholarships are only available to cover the cost of registration and are not available to cover any additional costs (uniforms, equipment, tournaments, etc.) unless registration fee includes uniforms and/or equipment.
The scholarship committee, which includes the TBL Board, will consider all complete applications received by the application deadline. The amount of the scholarship awarded (if any) may be a partial or full scholarship depending on the number of applicants, and amount of scholarship funds available. Scholarships are awarded for one per registrant and are only valued for one sport at a time, therefore, individuals must reapply for each year they are requesting assistance.
TBL is a non-profit organization with a very limited amount of funding available for scholarship athletes. No guarantee of assistance is implied in this application.
Requirements for eligibility:
- Athlete must be age 14 or younger and must reside within the Watertown Unified School District.
- Commitment to attend a minimum of 80% of scheduled practices and games.
- Participation by an adult family member in at least ten (10) hours of voluntary service to TBL during the season. Volunteer work will be under the direction of the TBL volunteer coordinator or above.
- Application must be completed by a parent, guardian, or head of household, with all requested information provided. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The application is on the following page.
- Families are required to participate in any fundraisers offered by the program.
- Scholarship requests must be submitted to TBL no later than two (2) weeks prior to the regular registration deadline.
- Complete the Youth Athletic Scholarship Application Form, which must be signed by a parent/guardian.
- The TBL Board will contact you in writing one week prior to regular registration end date.
- Scholarship application approval will be based on verification of financial need and availability of scholarship funds.
Other Important Information:
- Scholarships will be provided on a first-come, funding and space available basis.
- Transportation to programs is not provided.
- Scholarships are limited to a total of $360 per year per child.
- The TBL program is able to provide a limited number of scholarships per season based on the funds available..
- The Board’s decision should be considered final.
Consideration will be given to eligible youth meeting one or more of the criteria below. The more information you can provide us the better able we will be to determine hardship. A written request is required.
- Receiving assistance from programs such as: Food Stamps, Medicaid, SSI, Foster Care, WIC, etc. (Must provide written documentation of participation in these programs)
- Written recommendation by school representatives, social workers, family, or friend of the family.
- Documentation demonstrating an immediate financial hardship.
Thunder Baseball League does not discriminate based on gender, race, class, economic status, ethnic background, sexual orientation, physical ability, or cultural and religious backgrounds.
Thunder Baseball League
P.O. Box 31 Broomfield, CO 80038
Confidentiality: Thunder Baseball League will use the information on the application only to decide if your child qualifies to receive a partial or full scholarship for eligible athletic activities. Confidentiality will be maintained at all times. Applicants are guaranteed that personal finances will not be discussed outside of the TBL Board. Coaches, instructors or program leaders will not be informed of a participant’s financial or scholarship status.
***Please note: Approval of a scholarship does not register the participant in the activity. You must still register the athlete in the program desired.
Open to: Boys & Girls
born between: 05/01/2003 and 04/30/2012